Basketball Australia work closely with state/territory associations to develop resources to assist local associations to deliver Aussie Hoops. State/territory associations also provide support in making programs sustainable.
Aussie Hoops is designed so even the smallest association or club can run it and you don’t even need basketball experience to do it!
There are a variety of ways in which Aussie Hoops is delivered.
- “Excite sessions” (one off clinics);
- In school program (conducted over 3 – 5 weeks).
- Holiday camps;
- In association program (conducted over 8 – 10 weeks)
By being an Aussie Hoops association, associations are entitled to a range of benefits.
- Affordable and qualit merchandise for participants;
- A full range of presenter gear for people delivering the program;
- Assistance from state/territory associations;
- Resources such a association guide, coaching manual, DVDs and session plans;
- A compehensive National Insurance Scheme;
- Access to restricte website information;
- Stadium signage;
- Listed on the Aussie Hoops association locator;
- National recognition.
For more information and resources contact your state/territory association.