Inducted as a Contributor in 2007
Norma Connolly is a giant in the basketball coaching world and has led countless teams to State and National Junior Age Championships as a head coach.
She was head coach of the Queensland Under-16 and Under-18 women’s teams for over 20 years and was Head Coach of the National Junior Development Program for North Queensland in the early 1990’s as well as the Head Coach at the Queensland Academy of Sport.
She was the manager of the Australian Gems Under 19 women’s team at the 1993, 1997, and 2001 World Championships, winning one Gold and one Silver Medal.
The founding Head Coach of the Townsville State High School basketball program, she is a life member of Mackay Basketball and continues to have the Under-16 women’s National Junior Championship trophy named in her honour.
- Founding basketball Head Coach of Townsville State High School
- Winner of Gold and Silver Junior World Championship
- Under 16 Women’s National Junior Championship trophy named in her honour
- Australian Team Manager - 147 occasions
- Coached Queensland Under 16 and Under 19 teams for over 20 years
- Head Coach of North Queensland National Junior Development program – 1990
- Team Manager at FIBA Junior Women’s World Championships – 1992, 1997, 2001
- Queensland Academy of Sport Head Coach – 1994
- Received Basketball Australia Merit Award – 2003
- Life Member of Mackay Basketball
- Inducted into the Basketball Australia Hall of Fame in 2007