Inducted as a Referee in 2007
Henry Perazzo is one of the most outstanding officials to have ever represented Australia in international competition.
He officiated at the 1956 Olympic Games in Melbourne and the 1960 Olympic Games in Rome and gained the respect of officials and administrators across the globe.
Officiating in an era where there was little structure for the education of referees, he taught by example and successfully mentored and developed many young referees to great heights.
After retiring from on court duties, he became a referee adviser in Victoria through to the late 1970s and is a life member of the Victorian Basketball Referees Association.
- Officiated at two Olympic Games – 1956, 1960
- Life Member of Victorian Referees Association
- Victorian Male Referee of the Year Award named in his honour
- Successfully mentored many young referees to great heights
- Was responsible for the development of practical teaching resources for referees