Inducted as a Player in 2006
Known as ‘Big George’ in his playing days he was a pioneering player in Australian international basketball. In the 1956 Melbourne Olympic Games he was a member of the first Australian team to ever compete in an Olympic basketball competition.
As a player, he was an unstoppable 200 centimetre giant of the game. He played an impressive 11 official games for Australia including the pre-Olympic tournament in Rome in 1960.
- Unstoppable 200cm ‘giant of the game’ in the early days
- Pioneering player in Australian international basketball
- Played 11 official games for Australia
- Helped South Australia dominate the Australian Championships
- Member of the first ever Australian basketball team in Olympic Competition in Melbourne – 1956 (12th place)
- Represented Australia at the Pre-Olympic Tournament in Rome - 1960
- Inducted into the Basketball Australia Hall of Fame in 2006